Well yes, obviously, while pinning them to the wall,
It did feel more logical if I had crocheted one more of these potholders. But there you are. The art of imperfection. Slightly enhanced by the fact that I didn't block them.
In case you'd like to give it a go, I slightly adapted the pattern.
American terminology: Instead of making 2 clusters of 3 dc each (to make the corners of the flower square), I made 2 clusters of 3 trebles (tr) each.
(For me this worked better because it gives a sharper corner.) Also I single crocheted (sc) along the two ends of the rows before I half doubled crocheted (hdc) the coloured edge. I mainly used Rico Creative Cotton and a 4 mm hook.